NAHL Wichita Falls Wildcats

Become A Wildcat

2015 Tryout Camp Registration Form

The Wildcats' tryout camps are an opportunity for players to showcase their abilities in front of the Wildcats coaching staff, college and professional scouts, and Tier III Junior teams. For more information, contact Coach LaFontaine using the contact information listed below.

Head Coach John LaFontaine
Cell Phone: (940) 636-1558

Main Camp:

1002 5th Street
Wichita Falls, TX 76301

Jul 16-19, 2015    MPEC Arena

(NOTE: Camp registration fees are non-refundable. In the event of injury, exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Wildcats staff.)

Recruiting FAQ

Do players have to pay-to-play in the NAHL? 
No. As the only USA Hockey-sanctioned Tier II Junior league, players do not pay to play in the NAHL.

What is a tender? 
A tender is a contract, of sorts, a player signs announcing his intentions to play for that particular NAHL team and that NAHL team only. Once a player signs a tender with an NAHL team, his playing rights belong to that team within the NAHL and he may not be recruited by any other NAHL team. Each team is granted ten (10) tenders - plus or minus any trades - which become active on Nov. 1. Tendered players are not eligible for the NAHL draft.

How many players can a team select? 
The number of selections each Club is allowed to make is based on the number of players on that Club's pre-draft Protected List minus 30. (Example: If Club's veteran's + tenders = 22, 30-22 = 8, then Club has 8 picks to get its roster up to 30).

When is the NAHL draft? 
The 2015 NAHL Entry Draft is tentatively scheduled for early June.

Do I have to register for the NAHL draft? 
No, there is no registration process to be eligible for the draft.

Are tendered or drafted players eligible to try out for other NAHL teams? 
Unless agreed upon in writing by the two NAHL teams, tendered or drafted players are not eligible to try out for other NAHL teams.

Are tendered or drafted players eligible to try out for teams in other junior leagues? 
Yes, all tendered and drafted players are eligible to try out for any team in any league other than the NAHL in the U.S. and Canada.

What if I am not drafted or tendered, but still want to play in the NAHL? 
Players that go undrafted must contact the individual NAHL teams regarding tryout procedures. Un-drafted and non-tendered players are eligible to try out for any NAHL team. Many free-agent players earn roster spots in tryout camps, and therefore are a very important part of an NAHL's recruiting process.

How do I learn about individual teams' tryout dates, costs and procedures? 
2015 tryout dates and contact information will posted on, as well as the teams' individual web sites, which can be accessed through

How do I let teams know I am interested in playing in the NAHL? 
Prospective players must contact the individual NAHL teams coaching and scouting staffs regarding their interest. Contact information can be found on the teams' individual Web sites, which can be accessed through

Are non-U.S.-born citizens allowed to play in the NAHL? 
Yes, each NAHL team is allowed by USA Hockey to list up to four (4) imports (non-U.S. citizens) on its protected list (roster) at one time.

What do NAHL teams pay for? 
NAHL teams pay for all players' ice time (practices and games), as well as all travel costs incurred while traveling for games and tournaments, including meals and hotels.

Is equipment supplied and paid for by NAHL teams? 
Most equipment is supplied and paid for by NAHL teams, including sticks, gloves, pants, jerseys, socks and helmets.

What is a billet family? 
As most players leave home to play in the NAHL, a billet family is with whom a player lives with during the NAHL season. It is where they eat, sleep and study. Billet families are screened and interviewed extensively by the team to ensure a healthy living environment before being allowed to house players.

What are NAHL players responsible to pay for? 
In additional to personal expenses, NAHL players are responsible for a monthly fee -- an estimated $300 a month -- to cover room and board at the player's billet home. That money is paid to the billet family to cover living expenses (food, etc.)

Can high school student-athletes leave home to play in the NAHL? 
Yes, many players still in high school leave home to play in the NAHL. Those players enroll in a high school in their NAHL town and are under the strict supervision of an academic advisor at the high school as well as the NAHL team's staff.

Can high school graduates work or attend classes while playing in the NAHL? 
Yes, most teams encourage every high school graduate to either work a part-time job or attend academic classes while playing in the NAHL.